Away3D TypeScript Tutorials
- Away3D TypeScript – Getting Started (external site)
- Away3D TypeScript: Bare Minimum Scene
- Away3D TypeScript: in an HTML Document
- Away3D TypeScript: Template
- Away3D TypeScript: Contained & Responsive Canvas
- Away3D TypeScript: Start on MouseOver
- Away3D TypeScript: Rotate Camera Around Center
- Away3D TypeScript: Hover Controller Part 1
- Away3D TypeScript: Hover Controller Part 2 – Contain the Mouse Events
- Away3D TypeScript: Hover Controller Part 3 – Zooming
- Away3D TypeScript: Hover Controller Part 4 – Keyboard Control
- [ezcol_1third]PointLight[/ezcol_1third][ezcol_1third]PointLight Intermediate[/ezcol_1third][ezcol_1third_end][/ezcol_1third_end][ezcol_end_both]
- [ezcol_1third]TextureMaterial[/ezcol_1third][ezcol_1third]Multiple TextureMaterials[/ezcol_1third][ezcol_1third_end] Environment Map [/ezcol_1third_end][ezcol_end_both]
In October of 2013 the Away3D Team announced the first official release of Away3D TypeScript. This is great news for web programmers that wanted a 3D GPU rendering option, and Adobe’s Flash Player was not an option. Using Google’s WebGL standard, 3D scenes are now available on the HTML5 canvas element. No Flash Player required. Bonus, many newer mobile devices are inherently WebGL enabled. Check out some of Away3D’s official examples.
Still being a relatively new platform, there is a serious lack of tutorials on how to use this powerful 3D library in TypeScript. Hence, I’ve taken it upon myself to produce the above Away3D Typescript tutorials.
Where to start
If you are absolutely new to TypeScript, I highly suggest this short tutorial by the good ol’ boys of the Away3D Foundation. Away3D TypeScript – Getting Started.
If you are comfortable with Away3D, TypeScript, and programing in general, jump to any tutorial of interest, but take note that most of these tutorials are built off of the Away3D TypeScript: Template tutorial.
I hope you learn everything you need to know to get you off experimenting and designing on your own. We would love to see any projects that you build from the knowledge you learned here.
–Grok Digital Designs